Saturday, June 24, 2006

You know...

You know the hype about Malaysians being rude? It's true. To a certain extent, of course.

The ones who are mostly rude ar the KL people [Myself included. Occassionally, NOT all the time!]. And don't any of you people reading this deny it.

I read in the papers recently that one lady said that foreigners were a ruder lot compared to us Malaysians. I find that hard to believe.

Do you remember my toilet escapade in KLCC some 20 days ago [I remembered the date because of Ms. David-Beckham-is-a-God-in-my-book's birthday was on that day]? The one with the American lady saying "I never knew so many people lived in this country" just by looking at the number of people who had to wait in line just to get into one out of the 8 cubicles?


She was incredibly polite. She asked my mum questions in the most absolutely polite way possible. And she queued up. For the blasted toilets [I hate women's toilets! They take ages to get out of it!]. Unlike that scrawny little bitch in pink who didn't queue up and just went in there, without thinking of the predicament of other users who had to wait in line for the past 15 minutes [I time certain things when I'm bored]. And she [the foreigner] was appalled to see that girl cut the queue. You're not alone, lady [I was so mad, I left! I get ticked off when I see things like this]. So was the rest of the population [Argh...Stats! Run!!!] who queued up just to use the darn toilets.


Before I left for the US, my accounts teacher [he only taught me for one year, so don't tell me I got an A for it because he taught me in Form 4 and Form 5!] warned me that I should be prepared for a culture shock. Knowing me, you'd think I'd listen? Hell NO. So when I got there, I was extremely surprised to see the Americans were really a nice bunch. It wasn't like what you see on the TV. At the pedestrian crossing, the drivers STOP and let people cross [here, you have the right to cross, but crazy people don't give a damn about you]. Then, even at ANY shop, they WILL greet you : "Hello Sir/Madam/Miss, how are you today? Is there anything I can help you with?" and usually they WILL end it with : "You have a nice day. Goodbye. Thank you for coming!" [here, they'll ONLY be nice to people they WANT to be nice with]. Even the man on the road will greet you with smiles [here, you smile at a stranger, they think you're insane!] ! And they won't hesitate to talk to you, they're SO helpful! Ask any man on the road to take pics for you, they will stop whatever they're doing, and take the pic for you [here, they will cite the 'being busy' factor and the likes]. And there's NO such thing as double parking there. That's what made it even more blissful for me. I liked it there [the ONLY thing I didn't like was the food, it made me fat, and it took me 2 months to get rid of the excess weight!]. I missed Malaysian food terribly, so I came home [in truth, I missed my friends and the food terribly].

It was very much a culture shock for me. I didn't know that it was going to be entirely different from what I saw on the TV. Given the opportunity, I'd go there again and maybe this time I'll walk to the end of the Golden Gate Bridge and maybe get a closer view of Alcatraz [seeing it from a telescope isn't really exciting]. I'd go to SeaWorld and get myself drenched thanks to Shamu and touch the stingray again [quite nice to touch but apparently someone had his hand bitten off by the stingray]! I'd go to Disneyland, go to the Muppets show AGAIN, get myself immortalised as Mulan AGAIN, and finally muster the courage to go on that rollercoaster [I would have but my dad didn't let me!]. And I'd go to Hollywood and stalk a celebrity [Hugh Jackman, Clay Aiken, Ben Foster, Hugh Grant, Wentworth Miller, Johnny Depp...anybody!]! Did you know that a few days after I left, the cast of The Pirates of the Carribean were at the the ride with the same name in Disneyland? And a week before we arrived, the cast of The Italian Job was in Hollywood? Yerr...I had so many chances of stalking celebrities!

I have digressed from the original topic. The point is, foreigners are not as rude as you think they are. We should be ashamed of ourselves. We are a lot ruder than they are, and we can make a sweeping statement like that. Either way, we should change our rude ways. It's for the better.

So from now on, I SHALL NOT BE RUDE TO LIVERPOOL FANS OR IN PARTICULAR, STEVEN GERRARD FANS.

*****

And interestingly enough, my dad is weird.
"Any cronies of the US, except England and France, should NOT go in to the second round. Australia, Japan, South Korea, and USA should not advance at all!"
"I support England because I was born during English era. As for France, you see my surname de Silva sounds French. Come to think of it, Holland also got some de Boer, Portugal got da Silva also!"
"I'd rather support North Korea than support South Korea for the World Cup!"
"If China was in, I'd support them, because they're the only ones who support Iran. So it's good since Iran is not in, I don't want any Asian country in, because they're bloody cronies of the US!"
"I wanted the African countries, the Islamic Countries, the Middle-East countries to go in. I supported Ivory Coast and Ghana. So I will support Ghana because they're the ONLY African team left in the World Cup!"

Yes, these are ALL the statements made by my dad in the past 48 hours. I didn't know what to say to him when he said that. Though I wanted to say: "You are crazy!" to him but he'd probably slap me. =)

Strange. My mother supported Tunisia yesterday when they played Ukraine. The evil thing.

Wow...Switzerland beat South Korea 2-0. Goals from Philippe Senderos [!!!] and Alexander Frei [wasn't he the one who spat in Steven Gerrard's shirt or face or something like that in Euro 2004?]. And Patrick Vieira scored on his birthday [and Zidane's]!

Oh, yes. It's Messi's birthday today. So Happy Birthday to him then. He's going to be 19.

Why is it that whenever I have exams, my mum tends to cook something she's NEVER cooked before? My delicate little tummy CANNOT handle food its not used to, especially during the exam period. I hate it when she does that!

Oh, about Stats...hmmm, it was okay. Except for the last question. Damn! I don't know what I wrote there! Hope for the best! *crosses fingers*

*Bluesy* out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not ALL Malaysians are rude. I mean, NOT ALL KL PEOPLE ARE RUDE.

Perak people are THE best!!

Forgive my insanity.

Your dad is quite interesting and mad. Like someone I know *winks*

Oh, I think with the luck of your mugshot in the paper, Frank Lampard will score and England will beat Ecuador.

LOL...you never know what? You did dream Kolo Toure will score against Villareal to send them to the finals of the CL.

Or was it that you dreamt he scored on the day he played in that game against Villareal?

You should dream of Frankie scoring, NOT dream of him kissing YOU in your usual teledrama-kind of dreams!

Haha...I'm being mean.

Eh, did you see the pic of Jt carrying the baby? OMG...it was so beautiful AND sweet AND touching AND fatherly...DAMN BEAUTIFUL PIC!

Now I sound nuts...

FORZA ENGLAND!

-Ms. I think David Beckham's a God in my books-

10:48 am  
Blogger Rowena Julez said...

Perak people are okay-lah, except people like YOU. =p

I know I'm like him, tell me something I don't know. =p

Hahaha...that's what I told my mum, but she gave me the I-think-you're-nuts stare.

Hope he does...it's just a matter of time. Wait for it.

HAHAHA...SO EVIL!!! I don't dream of kissing him all the time! Sometimes only-lah...mostly it's teledrama kind of things. LOL.

JT looked so loving when he carried the baby like that! I went: "Awww..." It was so lovely, touching and sweet.

We're all mad anyway, in our own way!

FORZA ENGLAND!

-Ms. I'm nuts about Frankie Lamps-

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home