Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A super-duper *special post*

*This post is specially dedicated to my best friend, Sree, who is now the KAYU FC vice-president [no prize in guessing who the president is!]. And KAYU stands for Klutzy, Annoying Young Under-dogs*

Dear Sree,
You were my classmate when I was in Form 2. I only knew you [a little maybe] when your dad came to school regarding the dikir barat issue [let's not talk about it, okay?]. At that moment I thought, "God, your dad is scarier than mine! Better not disturb her!", which of course, by know you know it's not true [I think my dad is a lot worse compared to yours, but then again you blame old people for being the way they are, can you? Tell your dad I said, by the way.] ! I knew your birthday was the same as Farhana's. You were so quiet and only talked when you thought it was necessary [unlike some people you know, right?] . You were especially close to Melissa at one point of time.

Again in Form 3, you were my classmate. I still wasn't close to you, but I felt like I was a lot closer to you compared to the time we were in Form 2. You were still quiet. This time around, you were good friends with Priamalar. And you loved books. I remember you were sitting in front of me [after changing places with Sarah only to sit with Shamini R, Yoga and T-Jay] . We talked more than the normal conversations we had in Form 2 [please agree with me, my heart is bleeding].

Again in Form 4, we WERE classmates [you just can't leave me alone, can you? =P]. I remember I sat with Priamalar at first, then I decided I was a bit too tall for the front, so I went to the back seat. You were sitting all alone and I asked you: "Can I sit here?" only for you to answer "Yes" . From that moment on, I realised life was never going to be the same again. I thought you were such a quiet girl, but I was too quick to judge. Looks can ALWAYS be deceiving. I'm sure you would agree too. You were noisy and crazy [on a more smaller scale] ! I remember you wrote in my book once:

"I can never forget 'the girl in the pink dress and brown slippers' even if I wanted to...This is the girl who has helped me a lot in studies...Rowena, don't worry me and my storybook will always be there when you're in trouble or frustrated...You can count on me...and my storybook"

You could never be seen without a storybook in your hand. You would read the stupid Mills and Boons crap and I would be trying to distract you away from your book. You would always tell me you would be going to return the book you borrowed from the National Library this weekend or something. You would read and read. In the Biology lab, the Chemistry lab, the Physics lab, and probably in the toilet!

Every week [okay, not every week!], you'd tell me: "I won't be coming to school tomorrow" and I'd asked you why. You always tell me: "I'm going to see my dentist". Not only you left me alone to fend myself against those insane people from class, you made it seem like you were in love with your dentist [I know she's female and don't give me that look! I wasn't jealous!] and missing your appointment would incur the wrath of your beloved dentist. Hmph...you and your stupid dentist. You'd read my poems and tell me it's good even when it's rubbish. Especially that poem I wrote for Gareth Gates! Argh...that was the cheesiest thing I wrote in my entire life, and yet you told me it was amazing that I could come up with something like that when I had a headache!

You're the one who'd go round telling people you have to birthdays in a year. You'd tell people you were born on the 29th of February, 1987 [A date which doesn't exist, people! Do NOT be conned by this con artist!] . But I knew your birthday is on the 19th of November. I wonder if you even remember when MY birthday is. *A kick in the ass is felt*

I remember I actually asked [pestered is the exact word] you to get my key-chain done. The butterfly and guitar-shaped ones. I knew I was a pain before [still am now!] so please forgive me. I remember you telling me how you loved Ben Affleck. *Throws up. Feels another kick in the ass* I remember I gave you the DareDevil card thingy I got from buying Wrigley's chewing gums. Wonder whether you still keep those rubbish...?

You liking Michael Vartan made me laugh...I remember you'd talk about Alias. Blah, blah, blah. And Never Been Kissed! Your taste in men is BAD. I mean it. Why can't you learn to like people like Frank Lampard? Hmph...

I remember we did The Star's NiE thing. Our newspaper named En Masse [Where Everyone Comes Together - remember the tagline?]. And how adamant I was on getting Adrian Mutu's picture on the Sports page? We finally found one pic [through God's grace, I guess]. That kept me quiet, didn't it?

In Form 5, again we were classmates [she was stalking me, not the other way around!]. This time Cik Junaidah [now known as Puan Junaidah] separated us. You sat with Bavani at the back, while I sat in front with Shamini T and Farie. But we were still together during the labs sessions. And sometimes I'd go sit at the back with you and annoy the hell out of you.

Your second home was the Computer Lab [I still think you should've been the president instead of being the secretary! Besides, you have UGLY handwriting!]. You'd always be called to do some technical stuff. Sometimes, I'd help you when the President couldn't help the others. Hehe...

You helped me through my short-lived happy moments of being in a relationship. I can never thank you enough for what you've done. The phone calls, the e-mails and the meet-up after school with a certain you-know-who. I can never thank you enough for all you've done. Even if it is a short-lived one, I still have to thank you. You will always be my Mangkuk Society's President, even if it the society is now defunct. And please do not erase the rubbish I wrote on your book! I want your future husband [whoever the sad soul is] to see how crazy you were before this. Haha...

I remember how you'd listen to my problems, no matter how stupid and ridiculous they were. You were always willing to lend an ear and let me pour out my stupid problems [I'm such a *kayu* right?]. You've seen me in almost every form. Happy. Sad. Angry [the time I got mad with Priamalar]. In love. Jealous. Confused. All that jazz.

I remember the day I told you my results and you didn't believe it so much that you decided to change the results for me. =) *Kayu-ness*

I remember calling you 'budak sekolah' since you were going to Form 6 and I wasn't, so you called me 'mahasiswi'. I remember you telling me that you became a prefect. My jaw just dropped to the floor as my thoughts went "There goes the whole of Setapak High..."

I remember the day you told me the bad news about that you-know-who. I was planning to tell you that I wanted to break up with him, but I didn't know how. When you wanted to tell me the bad news, you didn't want to tell it to me because you were worried I might go ballistic or suicidal. Truth is, I cried the whole night before and told I myself: "Whatever shit that gets thrown in my face, I can take it". I persuaded you to tell me what the news was. You made my theory justified. I had more reasons to break up with him. So, thank you. =)

Three days later, Navee's dad passed away. I told you that I robbed him of his life, just to start my NEW life. I was being selfish. And you just thought I was being paranoid, and shot me a look that made me realise I was somewhere off the tracks [in other words, mad]. You know I am like that, but yet, you STILL are my friend [You stalker, leave me alone! Kidding!].

I remember the time when you got yourself your first 'boyfriend'. I was there to be the witness. I told you before that he liked you [Remember 99%? That is the effect of not listening to me!] and you didn't believe me, you thought it was his friend that liked you. I told you. No one listens to me. I feel hurt. =(

Though that relationship ended pretty fast, I'm still glad you ended up okay. I remember how I'd call you just to tell you that I bought something that made me happy. I told you that I bought The Killers' *Hot Fuss* CD and you sighed. You *kayu*. You must learn to like The Killers! And I told you yesterday that I bought that Chelsea book, and you thought I was crazy. As long as it makes me happy, right?

Yesterday, was a day of all sorts. When I was talking to you and your senior, I was so happy. I managed to yet again, prove my 99% theory! This time again you still didn't believe me. Even when you first told me about him, I knew he was destined to be yours. *Inserts mushy music*

And when the news broke out, I was upset to the extent of even forgetting to congratulate you. I am way beyond words SORRY. You do know why I was upset, right? It won't happen again [I'll try though, can't promise much].

We both sensed again that I was there to witness the start of your new relationship. I was the first to know. *Pats self on the back* I am such an important person in your life.

Please tell your current boyfriend that I was the first to know and I saw it coming. See what happens if you don't listen to me? Hmph...don't do it again!

I know that I am not in love [well, being in love with Frank Lampard is an entirely different issue!], but that doesn't mean I cannot share your happy moments with you. But don't worry, I won't burn an egg to celebrate. *A third kick in the ass is felt*

I am happy I managed to teach two Japanese words: Kuro Kobuta [black piglet]. Please don't use it against me. I WILL kick you.

I still don't know how you can listen to my really stupid problems. I guess you're immune to it already. So sorry...

I miss you, your jokes and your not funny comments about sports and whatever I like. For your boyfriend's sake, please start to AT LEAST watch football. I mean it. Oh, and tell him to come to HELP! That way I can spy and look after him! So that he doesn't try anything funny. I'm so mean right? I hope you're happy. I'm happy because he said I'm cute. But as you already know, he's yours and you will always be beautiful in his eyes. *Inserts mushy music*

I hope you're happy. I will try to put your pic here. Even if you don't like it. Always I'm here for you. If you need to shout at me, laugh at/with me, or even cry with me, call me. I'd be there for you.

Oh, and I want my chocolates. By hook or by crook. I mean it. *Shakes fist in the air*

~A long post. Just for you. See how much you mean to me? I wonder if ever I mean a lot to you....~

And put this in your blog!

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home