Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm blogging!

I'm blogging right now...which means...I did quite okay for my English.

I got 15.8 out 20. Well, maybe 16 now because I got some additional marks. It IS good, isn't it?

And for the crappy essay I wrote, I got 17 out of 20! Not bad for some essay that's considered as garbage [in my standards]. I am still in shock, because I expected to get less than 15.8! And England beat Uruguay 2-1 [thanks to Peter Crouch and Joe Cole]! *Jumps up and down in excitement*

But all this excitement will have to take a backseat as I would like to pay tribute to a Chelsea legend named Peter Osgood also known as THE KING OF STAMFORD BRIDGE, who passed away suddenly at a funeral yesterday. I never heard of him before due to the fact I only became a staunch supporter of Chelsea for the past 4 years, but hopefully with the help of that centenary book, I will be able to understand the history of the club and players better. From what I've read about Peter Osgood, I can see that he is to Chelsea what George Best is to Manchester United. Here's something I got off the Official Chelsea site.


Long live King Ossie
Wednesday, March 01, 2006


"There are so many reasons why Peter Osgood became the King of Stamford Bridge.

The swagger, the goals both in quality and number, the devastating skill from a man of six feet two inches, the arrogance, the cheek, the humour...he was unique.

There were goals of outrageous skill, Southampton at home, Burnley away, the hat-tricks, four goals at Crystal Palace in dreadful conditions, five goals at home to Jeunesse Hautcharage in the European Cup Winners' Cup, stunning volleys against top European teams and Arsenal in the FA Cup, and of course that diving header against Leeds in the FA Cup Final replay.

There was the occasion against Everton in 1973 when he scored his 100th League goal and once the game had finished celebrated in 'Ossie' fashion with a lap of honour throwing kisses to the crowd.

There was the anger, petulance, moments of lost desire and laziness, the non-football headlines, drunkenness, women, actress Raquel Welch waving at him and blowing kisses from the touchline during a game. He seemed to live the life of every fan as well as the King.

In an age when the tackle from behind was allowed, he was the complete centre-forward. He had more skill than anyone then and probably anyone now, he was brave, hard, could beat people, get away from them, he was great in the air, he was a breathtaking passer who constantly set up goals for others, he had vision and innovation.

And Ossie was ours, Chelsea's. He came from the youth ranks, although he'd escaped the scouting net and had become a bricklayer in his home town Windsor. He came for a trial and was withdrawn at half-time of a game in case the opposition spotted him, and was signed immediately.

In recent years he'd become the settled family man with wife Linda. He visited the training ground with his youngest son Darren to watch Jose Mourinho at work, and the manager came over and greeted them with real affection.

Ossie had aura, both on the pitch and off. Last year he held a testimonial dinner in Central London on the day of the PFA seasonal awards. Captain John Terry, on his way to collecting the Player of the Year award, dropped in to pay his respects and meet the people who had turned out for the King.

At the end, we have to remember him most as a great footballer, as someone who seemed born to the big occasion. Why else, 25 years on, when we cemented our position at the top of the Premiership against Liverpool as recently as February 6th, would he have enjoyed the ground singing: "Osgood, Osgood, Osgood, Osgood, born is the King of Stamford Bridge," as he walked round the pitch at half-time in honour of the club's centenary.

He was the King, he is the King, he will always be the King."


God bless Peter Osgood, THE KING OF STAMFORD BRIDGE. ~1947-2006~

I wish, that for Peter Osgood's sake, the current team will beat Barcelona in the 2nd leg of the 2nd round of the Champions League next week in Nou Camp, and that they'll go on all the way to Paris.


~Two of the best players in Chelsea. Gianfranco Zola and the late Peter Osgood~


~1947-2006. RIP, THE KING OF STAMFORD BRIDGE~


~This goal was meant for you...Joe Cole after scoring the winner against Uruguay. He dedicated his goal to Peter Osgood and his family~


~This pic was taken after Frank scored the first goal against Portsmouth. Apparently, the KING had a website of his own, in which he gave his opinions about Chelsea, and photos of him talking with Jose Mourinho. In his last post, which was written a day before he passed away, he praised Chelsea's fighting spirit in that match. He signed off with: "More in a couple of weeks". The REAL TRUE BLUE~

To make my day sadder, I lost my favourite blue mechanical pencil of 4 years! I had to buy a new one. I'm so depressed [when am I ever not depressed?].

I'm turning in for the night. Good night all.

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home