Monday, August 29, 2005

First day

I think the good news outweighs the bad news for today. Firstly, I was almost late for class. We left the house at 7.35 a.m.! My class was at 8 a.m. but somehow I reached there at 7.55 a.m.! Thought I was late so I walked pretty fast. Slowed down a little to see where the lecture hall was. A girl was pretty much was blur like me. Turns out that she was in my group too. Her name's Su Tze. She's the first friend I made today. Then met two other girls, Ranchithaa and Kylie. A good start to the morning then. First class was Intermediate English...the lecturer got the wrong attendance list. And then she got us to introduce ourselves. I was planning what to say, but strangely, when it came to my turn, all the words which were in my head just vanished into thin air! My mind just went blank, I almost stammered, but I gained my confidence slowly. Then I mentioned about my hobbies. *Watching TV, football and F1* was what I said. And this guy just tells me *The guys will LOVE you*...which was followed by a series of laughter. And then she asked me why I joined HELP to which I replied *I have a cousin here*. And then she goes *Who is your cousin?*. And I went *He's a lecturer here, his name is Ravi Varman*. And then she said *Oh Ravi!*. And then she asked us to write about how we felt about stepping into HELP for the first time. I wrote an essay similar to one of my blog posting. And then she asked me whether I was Indian Muslim or what, since my cousin is an Indian. So I explained to her that I'm a Malay mixed Sri Lankan-Sinhalese, and that he married my cousin (technically he's my cousin-in-law). Then the four of us (as in Kylie, Su Tze, Ranjitha, and I) went out for breakfast(I did take breakfast, somehow I got a wee bit hungry). First we went to Dunkin Donuts then changed our minds and decided to eat at the mamak shop there. Had tosai. Then back down in college. Waited for Su Tze and Ranjitha to register their subjects. Sat down for a while. Kylie is so resourceful...she actually came on Saturday to draw a map of the whole main campus! Then had Finite Mathematics...the lecturer was slightly boring, somehow towards the end, it became a bit more interesting and I was feeling cold. Then, finished classes and went home. Met Manpreet and she told me that if I needed text books, I can inform her. Thanks Manpreet...and a small thank you goes out to Swarna for informing her. Thanks a lot sweetie! And I found out something...Ranjitha supports Arsenal! No biggie to me, since most Arsenal and Chelsea fans get along well. Unlike most MU and Chelsea fans. For example, Jay and Mar. Jay and me. Jay and Eliza. Haha...

All in...a good first day. Let's see what tomorrow holds for us. Anyhow, my dad hates Frank Lampard for God knows what reason, but likes JT! Weird don't you think? And Raikkonen should not move to Ferrari at all costs. Despite the fact I'd have both my fancied drivers in the same team. Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa in Ferrari! But still I think it's morally wrong for him to go there. And my dad's dislike for Jose Mourinho continues. He said that JM looks like a 60 year old man with his white hair, despite the fact he's 42 years old. I don't know bout my dad, but I think JM is an attractive man in his forties who speaks his mind unabashedly. I hope you people don't think I'm falling for him...he's like Richard Gere...a man with greying hair but still makes girls go completely head over heels for him! Lala...

That's it for now...tune in tomorrow! *Bluesy* out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home