Saturday, March 12, 2005

The unexpected always happens...

First and foremost...I would like to apologise for the lack of updates on my blog...there was a glitch in the internet connection...so I wasn't able to write in my blog or even do my usual stuff. As you all already know, the SPM results were out on Thursday. I got 4A'S, 6B'S, and 1C. Now some of you who know me(the real me) would be staring in disbelief...but it's true! I have no reason to lie. I actually had B's for Add Maths, Bahasa Melayu, English for Science and Technology, and Pendidikan Islam. These were the subjects that I thought would secure me A's. Instead, I got B's. I felt really low. I mean, those who usually get lower marks than me have now leapfrogged me. It's a real kick in the teeth. Those that now have better results than me have forgotten about me. I don't care. They think I didn't study and thought I was playing a fool. The truth is these four subjects that I got B for were actually my strong subjects. Especially my BM and EST. I got a 3B for both but in my trials I got A's for them. If English I could score an 1A for both the national level and also the GCE one, what more I could do the same for my EST? I mean, I'm not bragging here or anything but during trials, I scored the highest mark for EST in my class and second overall the form. I was really shocked when they announced the results. I was shocked. My whole life just flashed before me. I had absolutely no chance of obtaining a scholarship. All doors were shut. I was too distraught to talk to anyone. I was crying the whole day. No one knew how to console me. Sree asked me why was I crying in school and when I told her my results, she was shocked. She told me I should appeal. I know. I really couldn't take it. Yesterday I went to school to get the 'surat semak semula'. Cik Hamidah asked me what I got for trials for my BM...I told her I got 79(2A). She said I got that marks because my teacher was too lenient and SPM marking and school markings were different. I mean, if my teacher was too lenient in marking, how come the other students who got B for their BM during trials can get A this time around? I just hope my appeal falls through. I'm checking 4 subjects that I got 3B's in...I got 4B in Physics and Chemistry...and 5C for Biology(expected that!). Seriously I expected 8A's but I got half of it...really depressing. Miera was uttterly shocked, Lysa and Lilee were like 'Don't lie to me', Joe was stumped for words. Jeevan...he cried. He actually cried for me. He knew I was smart (not smart, but something like him), and for me to get this results was not normal for all of them in the crew. He cried for me...Miera told me he still cared a lot about me. I mean, if my results made him feel sad, what about me? When he found out about my results, he passed the phone to Miera and sat in a corner and cried. I felt bad.

At least I have a few people behind my decision to appeal...My parents, my brother, Sree, Swarna, Debra, Jay, Miera, Lysa, Lilee, Joe and my extended relations that are very close to me...and a few close family friends. Other than that...they think I was playful...I don't give them a damn at all. I hope that there were glitches in my results and that I can still pursue my dreams of doing psychology. I may have to wait three long months...but it's worth the while. I need to redeem my pride and honour.


One day at a time.

Bought a bear and named it *Micky*...Miera, don't give me that dirty look! Been watching some movies to relax and calm me down.

I have to buzz now!


One day at a time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home