Thursday, February 10, 2005

To my future mother-in-law...

This is a small note to my future mother-in-law(well, if in case she reads this!)...


Dear future mother-in-law,

I am writing you this to let you know a few things about your future daughter-in-law, me. Firstly I would like to sat that I'm the girl your son fell madly in love with, and that there's nothing that can change that fact...I love your son so much till it bleeds. I want to thank you for blessing the love we share and letting us finally be together...I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I would like to add also that I am not an excellent cook, neither am I a good cook...but let me tell you this. Do not expect me to cook very well as I'm an awfully teribble cook. I would like to add that my mum also is not an excellent cook...but I ate the food she cooked for I do not want to starve myself to death...but do not worry though, your son will have the adequate amount of nutrients flowing through his veins, I also vow that your son will not starve to death.
Next I would like to add that if ever your son and I go out somewhere together and if he says anything about my 'terrible' sense of direction to you, I would like to say that I'm sorry. My mother was very bad in giving directions and so were her sisters. So all in all, this is an inherited disease brought down by mother. It only runs in girls of her family...since I am her daughter it has now, sadly passed down to me...please forgive me for that.
Another thing I would like to add is that if we find ourselves with only two children, please forgive me...one of my mother's friend has told me that if don't look after myself now...I might not be able to conceive any children. I might have a miscarriage if I don't look after myself now and I have children later. Not to worry, for your sake(and my mother's too!), I will take care of myself so that you will be blessed with beautiful grandchildren.
Then I would like to add that I do not expect you to think that the house will be tidy, spick and span, or even spotlessly clean. I will do my level best to clean the house. For when I was young I didn't do much of housework. It was my father who did it while my mother was working...then my mother continued. My father never encouraged me to clean the house for he feared I would fall ill. I have to admit my father spoilt me to the max, but for now I am learning, step by step...slowly but surely. I will not fail you...
I hope you understand why I'm telling you all this. I just want to clarify things with you so that you wouldn't expect much from me. I am just a normal human being who is prone to making mistakes in life in the name of experience. I hope that I have eased your mind and cleared all your doubts away...

Yours Sincerely...


Your future daughter-in-law...


P/S: If in case anyone is wondering whether everything written in here is purely fictional or true...the answer is that this is the truth...nothing else but the truth! I just thought of doing this since I had nothing better to do and mainly because the girls and I were talking about it yesterday...and Lysa gave me this idea of writing it in my blog! Take care and adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home