Thursday, January 20, 2005

Anugerah Juara Lagu 2004

I know...I'm late...the annual Juara Lagu competition was on Sunday and only now I'm giving an update? Damn slow...Sorry! Okay here's the low-down.

In the Creative Ethnic category, I liked Dayang's 'Erti Hidup'...nice...well, Adflin Shauki wrote it...COOL! Syura's and Sharifah Zarina's songs weren't that great...Noraniza's 'Hatinya Tak Tahan' was cool with the whole Javanese concept...from the dance routines to the musical arrangements! No surprise who won the 'Best Performance' award!

The Pop Rock category, Spider won...their 'Relaku Pujuk' song is such cool tune...'Tipah Tertipu' by Ruffedge didn't win surprisingly considering the fact it's a hit with almost everyone(sadly not with my dad!). Ella's 'Simbiosis' was a nice song as well...though I didn't like the guest guitarist very much(well I'm sure if he meets me...he'll say the same thing...so the feeling's mutual I guess!). Erra Fazira's 'Hanya Di Mata"' was not my cup of tea...the dancers looked as though they were plucked out of the 'Zorro' movie!No joke...They looked so funny!

In the Ballad category, Misha Omar won the award for this category and also the Best Vocalist with her haunting rendition of 'Pulangkan' for the Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam movie(damn freaky movie!)...though I think she was overdoing it. Last year it was with the hands, now it seems that disease has spreaded to her whole body!(Any Misha Omar fans reading this...sorry, but this is what I believe!) I was really hoping that Anuar Zain's 'Semuanya Untukmu' to win in this category...his vocals were fantastic(God...I love this guy so much! He's the first Malay guy I like...don't count Jehan Miskin, he's no.2!). Wish he could sing that song for my wedding...8 years time...by then don't know whether he's still in the showbiz scene! Vince's 'Mengapa Harus Cinta' wasn't so bad at all...though I hate his guts...the song is so addictive...I find myself singing to it when I think of sad things...basically when I'm eating as well...almost anytime. Zamani's song wasn't so good also...never mind...the main reason I was watching this was because I was bored...I don't have Astro ok? The only other option I had was the Tiger Cup final between Singapore and Indonesia...thank you Singapore for whipping Indonesia's ass...haha...cruel, ain't I? Well tomorrow is Hari Raya Aidil Adha or Hari Raya Haji or Hari Raya Qurban...It's a day where's think back of all the 'pengorbanan'(sacrifices) you have made in your life...be it time, money, clothes, or even strength...of course I will have to sit down and think of all the sacrifices I've made last year and the years before...and also the sacrifices made by someone else for me(I think you know who I mean...)...I have plenty to be thankful for...just that I haven't been that grateful or even appreciative of that...bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home