Sunday, January 09, 2005

Blood...

The one thing I fear most in my life would be blood. Well, I do realise how important blood is to us human beings, but the fear is still there...haemophobia...that's the word I'm looking for. It all started when I was a little girl aged 5. I was trying to open the can of Sarsi all by myself, but then this little girl in her usual trouble-making self had a very deep cut on her finger while struggling to open it. So that's when the little girl decided that she will never buy or try to open any canned drinks, for she realised that she had a fear of blood. Somehow, this girl grew up to be a sweet yet odd young lady, but now she's able to open any canned drinks. Yet she now has this fear of knives...especially anyone around her holding it. For she knows, one wrong move and you will have blood oozing all over your face. Until this date, she never dares to cut anything using a knife...in fact she refuses! This is one of the reasons why she doesn't want to be a doctor. It's not like she doesn't want to save lives or things or that sort...it's just that she cannot stand the sight of blood. Recently someone was holding the knife when she was around, you should have seen the look on her face...as white as sheet. It was like she met Count Dracula and the whole life was drained out of her body as he sucked her blood with his viciously sharp fangs. Not only that, to this little girl, the thought of dissecting a rat during Biology class was a sinful thing to do. I mean you're killing one innocent creature for your own benefit? Sinful really...While my other merciless, heartless and cruel friends cut open the white body of the little rat, I decided to stay out and not be a part of it. It did nothing wrong to us, we could've at least spared its' life...May you rest in peace wherever you may be, little rat! This is why I don't want to be a doctor...not just my choice...oh yeah! There's someone else in my extended family who is already a doctor! So I just don't want to be following the stereotype...just want to be me. Who else can I be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home