Monday, June 12, 2006

Confessions of a LAZY Lah student...

I was having a flu yesterday, and usually when I get a flu, it's a sign of me getting a fever. But, today, fortunately, I feel better [flu-less really!]. So yeah, I feel okay now.

Sometimes, I think that most people I know [in this case, some people related to me!] think I have a mentality of a 5-year-old. I kid you not. Let me illustrate some examples that actually happened.

EXAMPLE A
I have 2 Caller ID phones: 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. So whenever people call, we can see their phone numbers. So one day, my cousin called [I know it's someone from her house because I know their phone number by heart!] and I picked it up. And she was asking who I was, and when I replied my name, she went: "Siapa Rowena?". The words 'WTF?' filled my head. And then she 'revealed' herself. What do you take me for? STUPID?

EXAMPLE B
Yesterday, this same cousin of mine was supposed to give something to my dad, but since he wasn't at home and my mum was having a fever, I went to take it from her. She was reluctant to give it to me and when I gave my hand out she FINALLY gave it to me. And when I took it from her, she kept telling me the SAME THINGS! "Don't forget!", "Tell your papa to bring this to the hospital!", and "Put it somewhere he can see!". Look, I have stayed in this house longer than YOU have, and frankly, I KNOW where to put my dad's stuff. So I'm NOT stupid to put somewhere he can't see [though sometimes he has his bouts of selective myopia...guess that's what you get for being an Arsenal fan!]. Stop telling me what to do as though I'm a 5-year-old kid [yes, I admit I act as though I'm 5, that's because I have a heart of a 5-year-old!]! I do know how get messages across, if that's what you think I'm incapable of doing. I pass messages to anyone of my family members as soon as I see them. I'm not incompetent. By the way, I have feelings of an 18-going-on-19-year-old teen, in case you haven't noticed.

EXAMPLE C
Yesterday [again!], they were already leaving the house, when they returned again to pass me a message. Read this:
Nephew: Rowena!
Me: Yes?
Nephew: Can you hear me?
Me: *stares hard at the gate* YES! [honestly, you have a voice that beats a loudspeaker...how can I NOT hear you?]
Nephew: Tell your papa to bring this along and drop it off at the clinic.
Me: Okay...
Nephew: Repeat what I just said. [WTF? THIS ISN'T ORAL, YOU KNOW?]
Me: *stares harder at the gate* Tell my papa to bring this thin along and drop it off at the clinic.
Nephew: Okay, good night. *drives off*
Me: Good night [in my heart: WHATEVER!]

Hello, just because I'm younger than you, that doesn't make me any less dumber than you are. I may act childish sometimes, but I know how to be serious when it matters. I'M NOT DUMB. OR STUPID. OR INCOMPETENT. So insulted.


Anyway, here's something REALLY funny.

*In Lah class*
Girl behind me: You're Rowena, right?
Me: Yes...
Girl behind me: Do you know your marks for the quiz?
Me: No...
Girl behind me: You got the highest marks for tutorial A.
Me: Oh. I'm sure someone from your tutorial get better marks than me. Some of them got the questions from us.
Girl behind me: Oh...
*After 20 minutes*
Lah lecturer: Ro-ve-na [Yes, that's HOW she pronounces my name! The evil thing!]!
Me: Yes? *goes to lecturer's table*
Lah lecturer: You got the highest marks for this quiz in this class.
Me: *puts on blur face* Oh...okay.
Lah lecturer: But I'm shocked you couldn't answer some simple questions.
Me: *puts on really dumb look* I kind of panicked when I saw the questions, I didn't know how the questions would be like.
Lah lecturer: Anyway, good work. I expect better marks next time.
*After that*
Lah lecturer: Okay students. In this class, Jonathan and Rowena got the highest marks. Well, actually Rowena got the highest marks in this class. So let's give her a round of applause.
~clapping sound effects~
Me: *in my heart: Fuck! Damn embarrassing! Why must she do that? I'm going to go home and flush myself down the toilet!*

And one of my Lah classmates congratulated me! WTF? I felt like I wanted to hide in the loo and flush myself down the toilet!

I'm really surprised that I did well, considering the fact I'm really lazy when it comes to studying. I'm VERY last-minute [apparently, it runs in the family!]. Others studied harder than me, but me? I studied the night before in front of the PC and ended up chatting halfway, and that quiz morning, I actually studied while I was in the car on the way to college. So, yeah, I'm actually embarrassed to know that I did that good, when I didn't prepare for it.

Oh, why is it that people think I'm SUCH a hardworking person? I don't study at home or in college [I prefer to do Sudoku when I'm REALLY free!]. I'd rather sleep OR think about what food I'll eat for lunch the next day than STUDY. I'm much lazier when it comes to studies compared to my brother [he's undoubtedly, ONE SMART GUY]. Even some of my relatives know and admit that it's true. I'm as LAZY as a cat, and I prefer to SLEEP like Frank Lampard!

Oh, this kind of proves that I don't HAVE A BRAIN OF A 5-YEAR-OLD, right?

Ooh, I was REALLY bitchy when Mr-I-can't-get-your-hint-to-leave-you-alone talked to me! He got hurt, and scampered off. Ouch! Haha...he DID ask for it, you know. So I'm not at fault in the first place!

Oh, Prison Break is on tonight. I LOVE WENTWORTH MILLER!

And yes, Czech Republic take on USA tonight! Go Czech Republic! Beat them fools who call the 'beautiful game' SOCCER when other people around the world call it FOOTBALL! Go Petr 'oh-you-are-SO-yummy' Cech!

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home