Friday, June 09, 2006

Am I ever...

not in a bad mood? I mean, I should be in an extremely good mood since the WORLD CUP is starting today and all that. But I'm not.

There's ALWAYS something to ruin my World Cup. In 1998, my aunt passed away. In 2002, my uncle passed away. Today [of all the days in the world!] one of my aunts decided to change the batterries of her clock on the wall, and climbed up on the chair to fix it. And before you know it she fell [she's 70+ by the way!]. And now my dad has to take her to the doctor! If it's really bad, I guess she has to be admitted to the hospital.

Which, in simple terms, means, my WORLD CUP 2006 is as good as ruined.

How am I going to watch ANY England matches which are NOT being shown on normal TV channels, but ONLY on ASTRO?

I DON'T HAVE ASTRO, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The only ways I get to watch any matches on ASTRO are by going to my cousin's house OR to the mamak shops [which has awesomely lousy TV quality, I saw Eidur Gudjohnsen on TV the other day at the mamak shop, and he looked like a green Martian!].

I can't keep going to their houses like some beggar or something like that. It's embarrassing. It's bad enough they are trying their level best to accomodate us, we go there and deprive them of their TV-watching time! And they don't like sports! I feel really bad, I know they don't mind. But if it keeps on going like this for a VERY long time, we will probably end up being a bane for them!

And now with that stupid old woman who knows she's not so strong like before, [note: she scalded her leg with hot water once, because the pot which had the hot water slipped out of here hands] went and injured herself AGAIN, my dad has to run up and down to make sure she's alright! I mean, why does my dad have to do it? I'm not saying that he shouldn't help his sister-in-law or what, where are HER SISTERS? The ones who take her out shopping and gatherings and leave my poor uncle who can't walk without the support of other people? WHERE ARE THEY?

My uncle, he was quite a tough guy when he was younger, that man. He even took care of me, when my brother was in hospital [normally, my dad will give me his undivided love and attention, but then my brother fell ill, so being a loving man he is, he decided that my brother needed that love and attention] and I know once, I cried when a balloon he bought burst, and deep inside he's probably laughing at me, but he felt sad with for me. He was so active...

until that bloody driver knocked him down. It was a hit-and-run case. After that, he was so frail and he can't even walk with the help of other people.

And that woman knows he needs her help and she goes and injures herself. With her doing that, she's making life miserable for a lot of people.

Her husband. Her two daughters. My dad. My family.

More importantly, ME.


I'm not being selfish or inconsiderate. I'm just thinking about how miserable I am getting.

This IS why I say we have to get ASTRO.

There goes MY WORLD CUP.



I watched Curious George in Human Comm class today, and I cried. I know it's a cartoon, but I didn't know why I cried. George was so adorable. It was such a lovely movie.

Maybe that's what kicked my miserable mood in.

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home