Saturday, November 26, 2005

Something interesting...

FRANK LAMPARD: TRIBUTES
Frank Lampard is on course to create Premiership history when Chelsea visit Portsmouth on Saturday.


The midfielder is poised to beat David James' record of 159 consecutive Premiership appearances after equalling the mark in the 3-0 win over Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge.

Here, premierleague.com looks back at the comments made by the many admirers of the phenomenal 27-year-old over the course of his amazing run.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho:
"When I arrived in England, I said to many people that in my opinion Frank Lampard could become the best player in the world.
"He has a lot of discipline, never gets yellow cards or if he does they are very rare.
"Frank respects opponents and always works very, very hard in training - that's why he keeps his incredible level.
"When you work with him you see the person he is. You see that he is a professional with ambition and that's when you realise that he can become even a better player.
"He has the right mentality, the strength of personality, the talent, the fitness, the motivation and the tactical understanding to be the best. He is a great example of what the best is in today's football.
"In the past that player was an individual, who showed flashes of brilliance to entertain the crowd with a great goal, whose performance level was fantastic, but not necessarily in every game.
"Now to be the best you have to contribute for your team and push yourself in every game. That is what makes the best player in today's football and Frank Lampard does that.
"He was the best player in the Premiership last season and you have some great players in the world but they play one game a month. This player is top in every game.
"I would not change him for another player because he does everything. His defence is incredible, he can pass over a long distance, he can pass over short distances, he's professional, he can score goals over long distance, how can he improve?
"I just hope he carries on because he deserves to break the record for consecutive appearances in the Premier League."


Chelsea captain John Terry:
"I can't imagine our team without Frank Lampard in it. I really don't know what would happen."


Bolton Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce:
"He could play 100 games in a season. He was the big difference, with his finishing power. At the moment, he has to be one of the best players in the world.
"I would like to dissect Frank Lampard, analyse his body and then clone it to get 11 of them playing for Bolton.
"The guy is simply a phenomenon. The workload he takes on is huge and there is no question you could place him in the same bracket as Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira.
"He never misses a game but doesn't look like he gets tired. He inspires everyone around him."


Newcastle United and England striker Michael Owen:
"I don't think I've seen a player improve so much. He's gone from strength to strength in the last two years and he's scoring nearly every week.
"It helps that he's in a great team and has (Claude) Makelele behind him, but you have to do it yourself. He's an unbelievable player."

Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri:
"In my opinion, he is a complete midfielder. He can defend, attack and can play either short or long passes, as well as running and tackling.
"Frank has improved a lot since his first game for Chelsea and he understands what I want.
"He is very important. More experience will be good for him and also good for the national team because it's good for Frank to play at this level and in the Champions League.
"Frank's used to playing a lot of games and he wants to improve."


Former West Ham United manager Harry Redknapp:
"There was only one player I remember who worked harder than young Frank and that was his dad, Frank senior.
"His father made himself a decent player by sheer hard work. He would come back after training for extra practice, shooting, sprinting, all that.
"Young Frank was the same. He would get his spikes on at night and run around the streets. He worked flat out to improve his natural gifts and he was always prepared to learn. Still is.
"Too many kids today think they've made it because they are in a first team. That's all they need, the think, but they don't tend to last very more than a few years. Frank will go on and on because he's still looking to add to his knowledge."


I am bored to my wits' end! Quite nice things are said about him...but Sam Allardyce's comments on dissecting him, analysing his body and then having 11 clones of him was pretty funny. I'm not too sure whether he'll win the European Footballer of the Year, since everyone is tipping that stupid Ronaldinho [I told you before, I dislike him...no, scratch that. I HATE HIM! People who read my blog frequently should know why I said this. It has something to do with what he said bout Chelsea! Idiot!!!] to win it. But being the one who is always rooting for him to win everything, I want him to win! I still think they should give it to him, and not that spaghetti-head Ronaldinho. Okay, I'm sensing I'm being mean...so I shall stop being mean and revert back to my fake *sugar-coated with niceness* little girly self...blearh! Go Frankie!

My Maths Quiz 2 was do-able. I think I can at least score 15/20...which means I will probably get 7.5/10 [since the marks have to be divided by half]. I actually got the answer for my sigma notation question right, but I forgot to add in something, so I think I won't get any marks at all! *Visualises the 4 marks fly away into the Sun and get burnt*. Sighs...wonder if Mr. Chen is kind enough to give me SOME marks for it. Then again, it IS Mr. Chen. And I think I lost one mark since I didn't know what transpose matrix was. So stupid! I wasn't sure what it was, since I read everything else BUT that! So I ended up writing *The product doesn't exist*! *Bangs head very hard on the wall*...but I think I did well. I said, I THINK. Not I KNOW.

Argh...my English Oral Presentation is on Monday, which is like less than two days! Pray for me, ok?

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home