Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Dearest...

Somewhere in 2001/2002, I met Jeevan. When he saw me, he asked Miera *What is the Malay word for short?*. To which she replied *You can use either 'pendek' or 'rendah'*. Then he asked her *Which among the two you mentioned isn't very impolite?*...and then she said *'Rendah' is the less harsher one*. And then he walks up beside me, and says to me:

*You know what, you are kind of 'pendek', to me!*...feeling a little confused, I said *I'll take that as a compliment and now I'm thanking you. THANK YOU!!!*...I got so damn mad, I told Miera about what happened, and she strated laughing her head off! Felt like slapping her. But then she told to give him some time to loosen up, since he thinks that he was *plucked out of civilisation and thrown into the deep jungle*. I then decided, *What the hell, why not just give him some time to loosen up?*And eventually he did. Sure, we had the constant spats and all that jazz, but wa-hey! What do you know? We got on just fine! In the end, we became friends, then best friends, close friends, and then the unexpected. I realised I liked him more than a close friend. Liked him? I loved him...more than anyone could ever imagine. Then somehow, he felt the same also. But then, nothing lasts forever, I was told. We decided to remain as close friends, since I knew I could have his back whenever I needed him, and he could have my back as well whenever he needed me. I never looked back and said *What if we were still what we used to be?* in my life. I'm happy and content with what I have. So is Jay. As long as he's happy, I am happy. And vice versa. Don't look back in anger.

To my dearest unsophisticated yet incredibly smart close friend in the form of Jay, whenever you're down you know that you can lean on me. Happy birthday, you screwed-up nut. Love you all the same.

P/S: I will not attend your wedding if the dress code is MU jersey. I'd rather go there being the incredibly outstanding one by wearing a Chelsea jersey instead! And Stella is eager to wear gown, by the way. Don't dash her dreams of walking down the aisle in an MU jersey, instead of her dream white gown, okay?

Much love, Rowena @ *Bluesy* Ann!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home