Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Confusions....

I haven't been blogging fully on what has been really happening here for the past 2 days...so here goes. In chronological order.

Monday, 20th June 2005:
Mum had an appointment in HUKM for her eyes. Sitting in the canteen and the opthamology clinic was rather tiring and saddening respectively. It's tiring to sit somewhere and do nothing but eat. You don't expect me to eat, do you? It was saddening to sit in the clinic since you see so many people who were terribly ill. I saw one in particular, a boy not less than 3 years old. His eyes were bulging out and his head was slightly enlarged. It was sad to see children especially that young suffering like that. It makes me feel lucky to be born without defects(I don't mean I'm perfect in any way, what I'm saying is that I'm happy that I was born with with the right amount of limbs and bones in my body). I'm thankful to Allah S.W.T for it. Then at 10.30 p.m. my cousin and her 2 kids came over to talk about my aunt's upcoming eye operation on Thursday.

Tuesday, 21st June 2005:
Was supposed to go send in the rejection of offer letter that day, but since we had a visitor coming later on, so it was postponed to Wednesday. And at night again my cousin and her 2 kids came over to talk to us on what to say to my aunt when we go over to her house later on. Went to my aun't house at about 10 p.m.. And that old woman is such a pain. Everything we say, she argues. And she claims she'd rather stay in the hospital for a year rather than for a day. She even asked rather retarded questions. Let me tell you what she asked:


*I want to ask you a question. If, that's an IF in capital, Padhmini brings me food, what do I do?*
*I want to ask another question. If my sister wants to bring food for me, what do I do?*

*After the operation, can I bathe?*

*Should I brings socks and sweater?*

My dad was trying to explain something to my uncle who has hearing problems, and she is saying that she knows what to do and that my dad shouldn't tell her. Such a pain, that old woman. And when we left the house, I noticed that my uncle gave his grand-daughter (my niece) some money. As usual. I'm not jealous. I live here so I have to deal with things that happen here. I'm used to it.

Wednesday, 22nd June 2005:
Went to MCIIUM today. Before that, we went to photocopy some documents and I met my old ustaz. Ustaz Yahya. He asked me what I was doing. And my dad told him that I got an offer from MCIIUM. And he asked my dad whether it was opened to all races. See what I have to deal with? Gave the forms back and then went to UH to collect dad's medicines. Since I was feeling hungry, I went to the shop nearby and bought three packets of Milo and The Star newspaper(not to be eaten, by the way). And the lady at the counter call me -kakak-. Just because I was wearing a baju kurung, doesn't mean I look old! She looks older and a lot bigger than me, and the irony is that she called me -kakak-! So weird. Either she's blind or she was just plain stupid. Then met Auntie Amtul. And she asked me what I was doing currently. And my parents lamented that I should have taken that course I was offered. And he stated that the Bank Negara governor is an Economics graduate! Frankly speaking I'm tired of all this rubbish. I don't fancy the idea of working in a bank. And my dad hails accountants. It's like other jobs are nothing compared to accountants. Sheesh...and just now my other cousin(the sister of the cousin who came to my house for the past 2 days). And my dad again made the same comments about what I wanted to do. And then he says, *I think Rowena is on the the right track when she chose to do Psychology, because everyone in our family needs it!* when he spoke to my other cousin who is a lecturer in Sunway University College. And when he meant 'our family', it meant the extended relations were included. Oh well, nice to know my first patient would be someone from my family. Hardy-har-har. Still can't imagine me studying in 2 months time. After almost 6 months of bumming out at home. And my cousin who came earlier said that I have lost a lot of weight. Huh? I look so fat already and these people said I look thin? Weird...

Oh well, till tomorrow then, I suppose? Au revoir for now! *Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home