Sunday, May 08, 2005

Greed is indeed a sin...

I have to admit it. I let greed blind me and my own judgements. I was so angry with the fact that she lost my shirt so much that I expected her to replace that shirt. Then I realised, that no amount of money can replace that shirt. Not even a new shirt of the same design could compensate my 16th birthday present. The value of that shirt is more than what it cost my parents. Value here doesn't mean the figure or amount I paid for it. It is the meaning of that shirt. It symbolises the transformation of a catterpillar to a chrysalis, and finally, to a butterfly. It symbolises me. Being 16 comes with a great responsibility. I don't think I ever understood that earlier. It symbolises me growing up. More importantly, it was the first shirt I bought that looks really like hip hop. Made me look different than my usual casual look.

If it's wrong to tell the truth,
What am I supposed to do,
All I wanna do is speak my mind,
If it's wrong to do what's right,
I'm prepared to testify,
If loving you with all my heart's a crime,
Then I'm GUILTY!

I'm guilty of loving you too much, my dear blue Tasmanian Devil shirt. Maybe if I had loved you less, you wouldn't be missing right now. My mistake of loving you, I guess. All I can say to you right now, my dear Tasmanian Devil shirt, is *Innalillah*. May God bless you wherever you may be.

Her brother tried to talk to me and convince me to let them replace that shirt. I put my foot down on my decision and I won't ever go back on it. I refused to speak to him. Even my mum knew that. And he was telling my mum that it was just a shirt. A SHIRT? My foot, it's just a shirt. It means more than that. He thinks just because I'm younger than him, I must listen to him. I may be younger but that doesn't mean I must listen to him. I hardly listen to my own brother (have to nowadays since he knows too much). And he's forgetting the fact that I'm his aunt. I'm not listening to you. Mark that down so that you won't forget. I am incorrigible.Sorry seems to be the hardest word. So they say. And I agree. 150%.

Once again, *Innalillah* to my blue Tasmanian Devil shirt. Won't replace you. Will be sorrowly missed. And always adored, loved, and treasured. Ameen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home