Saturday, April 09, 2005

Me...an exact replica of my mum or my dad?

I had a funny moment this morning. At about 10.15 a.m., my dad took me to buy the water filter, since there was no one to babysit me(Unless you want the Indonesian workers to look after me. I'm sure he has better things to do than babysit me, right?). This woman working there was talking to my dad about this particular brand. Then, she asks my dad whether I was his daughter. She asked him in Malay and it went something like this: "Ini perempuan you punya anak ah? Yang kecik punya ah?". My dad just said yes. I, somehow, started giggling. I was like 'Okay, she must be thinking I'm his wife or something'. Seriously, just because I'm almost as tall as my dad, that doesn't make me eligible to be his wife! Then, she asked my dad "Ini anak kecik masih sekolah lagi ah?". My dad just said that I just finished and that I'm waiting for my application to fall through. I was like 'Why is she asking all this? Do I look like his wife?'. I know she didn't say it, but I could've sensed that she meant more or less something like that. I had to laugh. Most of you knowing me and my nonsense, you would have guessed that you saw that one coming. Seriously, I can't refrain myself from laughing whenever something funny like that happens. Like the time I saw Farah and Hafiza in KLCC bout three weeks ago. You should have seen me laughing. Even my dad was like "Are you mad or something?". I don't know why I was laughing, the fact is it just happened. I told you I laugh at anything that's considered funny to me. I could have just fallen off the chair when I was eating in the food court. I'm sorry, I know it's rude but I can't help myself. I really ought to be kicked in the ass for that. I'll try to change though it might never happen. I'm incorrigible. Take it or leave it. I don't know what to say about me. When I was younger, people thought I looked like my dad considering the fact I was darker than my mum and brother. Now, people say I sound like my mum, look like my mum and the list goes on. I don't think I sound like my mum at all. She says I scream. I say she nags(which mother doesn't?). But most people that I meet(thanks to my parents), they say they can't decide on who I take after. Like this one auntie from my dad's former workplace. Her name is Auntie Rahimah. She told me in BM: "Rowena ni saya tak tahu ikut siapa? Takde rupa Pn. Mas, Takde rupa Encik Hanafiah." I was thinking, would it have been possible if I was adopted? My mum just told me that I shouldn't worry too much about what people say bout me especially when it comes to things like that. My brother keeps telling me that "Suren came from the dustbin, Ann came from the toilet". And yesterday, my dad's friend, Uncle Lim who's an electrician, was commenting on how thin my brother is. He mentioned to my dad that I didn't look that skinny like my brother(What do you expect? I'm not suffering from malnutrition simply because my parents think I'd probably suffer from hunger if I don't eat. That’s why I'm a healthy[touchwood] child!). And my dad said I came from the jungle! History has been rearranged. Haha. Seriously I don’t know now who I look like exactly. Do I look like my mum or do I look like my dad? Or do I look like...basically me?


I forgot to mention that I actually watched MISS CONGENIALITY 2 at KLCC. Haha. We were supposed to go watch HITCH, but the tickets for the 6.30 p.m. show were all sold out. The next one was at 9 p.m. and my brother had work the next day(we went on a Sunday), so that's why we decided to switch to MC2. I was actually surprised to see the guy who acts in Everwood as Andy Brown(Treat Williams)in the movie. It took me 10 seconds to actually figure out that it was him. I mean he sounded the same but he looked WAY different from Everwood. The whole beard and moustache that he had on Everwood were gone. And he looked old in this movie. Watch the movie and then you'll get what I mean. I was like "This man looks so familiar, but where have I seen him before? Oh yeah, Everwood!". He looked so much different without that image he projected on Everwood. He looks youger in Everwood rather than in the movie. At the end of the movie, they had Natasha Bedingfield's "I'm A Bomb". At first, I was thinking like, this sounds so familiar. I was actually singing to the tune that even my dad was looking at me a couple of times. I was so embarassed. Thank God we had the four-seater seats. Otherwise, the other cinema-goers would probably throw me out of the cinema. And the guy who acted as Joel(Diedrich Bader, if I'm not mistaken!), he looked good in that outfit he wore in the drag club. Haha. Me. Trying to be cute. Fails miserably.

Well, I'm off now. Thinking of what's there to eat in our fridge. Yeah, we bought this new fridge that's so big you can actually put me in. I'm not kidding. Every time I open that fridge, I'd say "Ooh, new fridge! Big fridge! But no food in it! Well, anyway I want to leave my mark here. I AM A FORCE OF NATURE!" and leave my handprint on the glass. Typical Jakun-like behaviour. I'm sure everyone that knows me well would probably expect this nonsense from me. Unfortunately, there's nothing to eat. Guess I need to reload my Pringles's stock then.

Je'taime. Au revoir. Merci beaucoup.

*Ann the robot that is forever hungry and always on the hunt for food*

P/S: Miera, if you're reading this, I hope you will seriously stop pondering on about the essay I wrote for the mid-term exams. I'm sure the examiner in Cambridge(if he ever got the chance to read that essay!), he'd probably say this:
"I wonder if this writer met Ken Barnes! She has changed football completely!" and he'd actually give me a 4B for it! Crap...I caught myself laughing at that bloody essay, considering the fact I didn't have time to actually develop the story. And the essay that actually got sent to Cambridge, that was really another collection of dumb essays I've written. I finished it by the time the invigilator said 'Masa dah tamat. Sila letakkan pen di atas meja'. And I actually had very limited time to do my usual spell check. And then I had to rewrite a sentence. And the invigilator standing next to me thought I didn’t understand English or something just said to me 'Stop writing!' about twice. By then my sentence looked quite alright. But seriously to get a 1A for that god damn crappy essay I wrote for my 1119 paper, came in as a total surprise for my family, and more importantly, me. Seriously Miera, I think the person who marked my paper would have died if he read my essay on the Frank and Ken Barnes. And that Frank is MU's manager and he's going to be promoted as the Sports Minister of England. Hahaha. It's all your fault I slept at 2 a.m. today. If we hadn't talked about that essay, I'm sure I could have slept peacefully. Instead, I end up laughing the whole night because of you. Stupid head! Love you to the max, babe! Good night, everyone. Have a great day ahead!

*Ann the robot has(finally)left the building!*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROBOTS DON'T EAT! Especially PRINGLES! Stupid head! Whatever people say of you, you are a gem among jewels. Or you're a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you you're different! We look like our parents in certain angles, but we are who we truly are. PS: SINGULARITY RULES!

*MIERA*

8:23 pm  
Blogger Rowena Julez said...

Oi...Miera! You took that 'God among all insects' line from the X2:X-MEN UNITED right? Slap u...thanx tho...and yes they eat PRINGLES...I know one robot who told me this...that's me!

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home