Sunday, April 10, 2005

Frustrations gets the best of me...

Hello again people! Firstly, I would to stress on how frustrated I am about my dad. He just told me off yesterday! He said that the envelopes containing the recent family photos were kept in the cupboard near the telephone table, and now it's on his table, and then he says the envelopes containing the negatives were on his place when it shouldn't have been there! First of all, let me get things straighten out here, I did not put the envelopes there, IT WAS ALREADY THERE! Those were the spoilt ones and he separated those the good ones and the bad ones. Secondly, the envelopes had nothing to do with me. Ever since I sorted out the photographs in the other cupboards, I never(I repeat, NEVER!) touched the envelopes in his cupboards. And then he gets pissed and says, 'I want to repair my cupboard, then put my things there because it seems like every table and cupboard is taken up by other people's things'! The nerve! Here I am, cleaning up the cupboards, throwing the clutter in there and giving some space for people to put their things, and he comes telling me that! I had no heart to eat the fish since I was god damn frustrated. I threw it in the bin(it was hard and rubbery!). Dear Allah, please forgive me for wasting food when there are people who are without food. I was so angry I actually took my things upstairs and left it there. From now on, none of my stuff will be downstairs. You heard me. I was so mad I didn't scream as usual, but I laughed at it. Quite new for me actually. I've never laughed whenever I'm angry. Something new, eh Miera? We had to go to Taman Tun yesterday night to take the rent. The whole way there I sulked(nothing unusual, people!). When we came home, we came back using the town way(the one where you get to see the Dataran Merdeka!) and I saw a few Malay couples hanging around that area. And I was saying to myself 'This isn't where I want my boyfriend to take me out on a date. In fact, this shouldn't be his idea of a date!'. Heard that? Good. Because you better start taking notes. And when we reached the traffic light near the Batu Road Primary School, there were easily about 50 motorcycles(I kid you not!) around. I was thinking to myself. Where did these motorcycles come from? They popped out like mushrooms after the rain! And guess what? The whole lot of them on the bikes were Malays! And the girls were scantily clad for crying out loud! I even saw these two guys on a bike looking into a Kancil with 5 girls in it! How cheap was that? I, for once felt very ashamed that I was a Malay. I said to myself 'Inilah perangai orang Melayu sekarang. Bagus!'. Oops...that's me, being brutally honest! I mean, my Pendidikan Islam teacher always said that I'm the rotten apple among the Malays(she didn't say those exact words, but it meant that!). And look at what they're doing? I think they're a lot worse than me! I think I haven't lost one bit of my Malayness(if there were any!) despite the fact I speak more English than Malay and I listen to more English hits than Malay ones. But, lately I've been picking up some Malay hits that I like. I really hated that woman for saying that. Just because I come from a mixed parentage family, that doesn't make me less of a Malay. And as though those Malay girls act like bloody saints. I'd probably get beheaded for saying that, but this is the naked truth. You can't even take a cloth and cover it up. I am me, this is who I am. I do get a lot of those "You're not acting very Malay like" crap from my dad, but that doesn't make me less than what they are. I have my limits. I know where I stand. And I know where my boundaries are. That's what sets me apart from the rest.

On a funnier note, I saw Azwan Ali's picture in the newspaper. I could've died of laughter. His outfit had loads of butterflies all over. He even had a few on his face! I thought he looked ridiculous! Oh well, who am I to say all this? He gets paid looking that, I guess! And there's more news. Hussein(Razlan of 'Spanar Jaya' fame) is now a member of Ruffedge. He was from MOB(which stands for Masters Of Bangsar, correct me if I'm wrong!). At least I'm picking up some interest in Malay music! Haha.

Yeah. My aunt in Shah Alam(the diplomat's wife), her daughter(Kak Jan) is getting engaged on the 16th of this month. So, we're most definitely going. And I'm going to get a haircut. Yes, you heard me. Thinking of getting a layer cut. Then probably dye it brown. Then most definitely curl it a little bit. I'd probably look like Hussein though(a female version of him though!). Yes, Miera. I fell of the chair. Again! I'll let you guys know of how my experimental hairdo went later on. Anyway, I'm actually contemplating on what to wear for Saturday. Probably wear that light orange baju kurung I bought last year. Question now is, what to wear for the wedding day? Thank God, the wedding's only in September. That means I have time to buy the perfect outfit. Something blue I guess. Or even purple this time around.

Anyway I have to go now. The Apprentice is on the telly now. See ya around.

Love is a many splendoured thing, so spread the love around.

Au revoir, Auf wiedersehen and Arrivederci.

P/S: Miera, my sweetheart. This one is for you and the other ~Ciku Head Society~ members...enjoy!

You open the window,
Feel the kiss of the breeze,
You are free,
You're not weak,
One day you'll see,
The way your love's your saving grace

You spread your wings and reach high,
I wish that I could be like you,
When you're bathing in the calm before the storm,
And then you soar with bird's wings,
You fly like a butterfly,
You've got a butterfly spirit...

Darius Danesh, Butterfly Spirit...

Thanks for everything you've done for me. I miss you. The whole lot of you. And, yes, Miera. ROBOTS DO EAT PRINGLES. Well, at least this robot does!

*Ann, who's always the right girl but at the wrong time is officially saying...Goodnight, ladies and gentlemen!*

Oh yeah, the pope has dearly departed. God bless that man's soul. And also King Rainier of Monaco. Bless those who have dearly departed. And, Charles and Camilla got married yesterday. Dirty old geezer. Oops, there goes my brutally honest mouth again. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home