Monday, October 24, 2005

What on Earth?

I expected Chelsea to win against Everton, considering the latter's performance is not like last season's. But in the end, they drew 1-1. And there I was thinking, how could it be possible that other teams below Chelsea BEAT Everton, but Chelsea somewhat couldn't do the same? JM was right...he was afraid of Everton. I still don't understand why Drogba's goal was disallowed in the first place? At least Frankie did some justice by scoring the equaliser, bringing his goal tally to 8. The same as RVN! *Sighs*...of all the times Everton had to get defensive, it had to be against CHELSEA. As a result, we couldn't break Tottenham's record of having 11 successive wins at the start of the season, but hey, look on the brightside. We have gone 39 games unbeaten, 10 short of Arsenal's record. Hope we can break that record.

Arsenal's second penalty was a weird story. Liverpool lost yet again...this time to Fulham. MU were to a 1-1 draw with Tottenham. Jenas scored! Yay! Wigan are doing well! In fact a lot better than I actually imagined! They now lie in fourth, just ahead of MU, who have a game at hand! Our next match is against Charlton. Bless us!

Here's what JM had to say bout the whole thing:

Jose Mourinho was pleased with the performance of his team - especially their second half reaction to being behind - but was livid about the Didier Drogba 'goal' in that period that would have returned all three points.

"We scored two goals," he insisted. "Normally when you score two goals and concede one you win the game."

On 62 minutes Drogba had neatly beaten Nigel Martyn from man-of-the-match Frank Lampard's clever pass into the box. Replays showed that Eidur Gudjohnsen was in an offside position to his side when the ball left Lampard's boot, but the Ivorian was not.

"It was a clear goal," Mourinho continued. "Even if the linesman has doubts, he has to give advantage to the attacking team. They also have instructions to wait until the last moment to put the flag up. This time, like a rocket [the linesman raised his arm].

"On television even less doubt. It was a big mistake."

David Moyes understandably felt that Gudjohnsen was interfering with play, but indicated that his claims for a late hand-ball by John Terry from Marcus Bent's flick were softening, and that it was doubtful.

He was delighted with his side's display but full of praise for Chelsea and Frank Lampard's "stunning" performance. "Chelsea are the best team in Europe. They have fantastic players and I have to give a lot of credit to our players for making a game of it.

"You can't plug all the gaps. You have to decided which leaks are the best ones to have."

There was no panic from Mourinho at the first mislaid points of the Premiership season for the Blues. "I was ready for a draw or to lose a game," he shrugged. "It's part of football. It's normal. We should have dropped points first week, at Wigan."

He then reminded the media of the refereeing error during Chelsea's first drawn game of last season at Aston Villa, when Didier Drogba was erroneously booked for diving when the striker should have earned a penalty. The referee then, Rob Styles, he noted, subsequently apologised.

The manager even had time for a little sport at Arsenal's expense following Robert Pires's capsized showboat yesterday - a miscued pass to Thierry Henry from the penalty spot.

"You know why they took the [second] penalty like that yesterday?" Jose smiled. "They have so many penalties in a season they had to do something different."

True. *Sighs*...we won anyway.

And yeah, I still think I'm getting crazier. Today people asked me

*Why is it that women like football?* -Jonathan-
*Must be because of the looks of the players* -Ben-
*That's not true* -Me-
*Come on-lah. Even CLEO Magazine says that women only watch football to look at the guys there!* -Jonathan-
*No-lah. I admit like Beckham, but when he left for Real Madrid, I still continued supporting MU! -Sylvien-
*Hello, I'm not one of those women interviewed by CLEO Magazine ok? I watch football because it's in my genes! I remember waking up at 5 in the morning only to find a bunch of unknown old men watching football on TV, and I asked my mum what were they doing, and she told they were watching the final of the 1994 WORLD CUP* -Me-.

Okay, they were not *a bunch of unknown old men*. They were my dad's friends. I didn't really know them then. I was 7...and I got hooked from then on. I actually watched Malaysian football, and supported Selangor at one point of time. Then I supported every team...I was more of a neutral case. Actually, my interest leaned more towards MU. Then one fine day, Mar asked me:
*Ah Yan arr, you better pick the team you going to support. You better put your foot down, otherwise I'll kick you with my foot!*. And then I supported Chelsea. And eventually I supported Frank Lampard. I told you I support the team, see the player's talent, then support him. If he's good looking, well, I suppose that is an added incentive. So stop questioning my faith in football ok? Argh...do I have to explain it to you people over and over again?

I have gone through this like a million times already, so much so I am sick of explaining it already. I'm not that type of lady, by the way. I'm pretty much different than most girls. Hell yeah I am! I hate Barbie dolls, and I squirm whenever my niece asks me to play her dolls (Bratz, Barbie and the likes). I preferred to play dinosaurs, toy guns, foosball (yes, we had one when we were innocent souls), and video games. I still love video games now! I grew up with X-Men and I love them till now. Call me boyish or whatsoever, I will not change myself to like all these despicable *saccharine-coated girlishness*. I'm me, you can't possibly change me. Try me. I will break you if you do.

I have a new fan and a new light installed in my so-called new room, which is sadly painted pink, to mark that a *girl* sleeps here! Tension! Anyway, have to go now.

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home