Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Feminist...me?

I'm a feminist. I just noticed it today. When Jonathan asked Sylvien whether she has ever used a screwdriver and she said yes, he actually said this:

*If you said you've never touched it before, I understand. I won't be surprised!*

Me, Cheetah, and Roya got defensive.

*That's a sexist remark* -Roya-
*Yeah, shows that we are weak or something* -Me-
*It's really sexist* -Cheetah-

Then Jonathan said:
*No-lah. I didn't mean it that way! I think it's very feminine.*

Then...
*What makes you think it's feminine?* -Roya-
*You're making it sound as though women are incapable of doing things that men are capable of doing. As though we depend on men for everything* -Me-

MEN...what typical remarks do you expect to hear from them? I have touched a screwdriver and used it before! Especially when the screws of my spectacles are loose. Or when I'm doing my usual *self experimentation* skills. I can use the hammer (despite the nails always end up crooked!). What makes you think women are inferior to men?

Sure, when we girls say we LOVE football, the first thing guys would think:

*This girl sure like DAVID BECKHAM, CRISTIANO RONALDO etc one. Don't know anything bout football, want to say love football!*

Don't kid yourself, people! I know some guys who idolise Beckham and Cristiano 'oh-so-gay' Ronaldo and don't know anything bout football! I know guys who dislike football (what are you, crazy or something?). At least we don't go around for some *hot young thing* in football and say *OMG...So gorgeous!*. Well, there are some girls who squeal like that. But NOT me. I see the footballer's talent, then I like him. Like me liking Frankie. I didn't look at his face and say: *This guy's so hot. I'm going to support his team!* I was already supporting Chelsea when I realised how talented he was! The first match I saw him in action was the match Chelsea played against MU, where he scored the winning goal. From then on, I adored him! When I say I play football, people go: *You're a girl.*. So what? It's not like men are the only people who can play THE BEAUTIFUL GAME.

We're bad drivers. so, sue us already! But did you know, that there are women drivers who are making it big in motor racing? In fact, they're a lot better and faster than their male counterparts. Not all women drivers are bad. Male drivers with an ego the size of an ostrich egg are no better anyway!

Just because we're women, it doesn't mean we can't do things men do, and also things besides cooking, clenaning, and laundry! We CAN, in fact do it better than men! So all you men who think we're weak, think again! IT ONLY MAKES US STRONGER, WHEN YOU SAY WE CAN'T DO IT!

*But just for you, I'll bite my tongue...*
-This line goes out to people (men, I mean!) who know me and are able to tolerate my nonsense. My passion for football, F1, sleeping, chocolates, and blue stuff, and earrings. My lack of interest in cooking, ironing clothes and make up. All that jazz.-

Getting very emo lately. Guess what I told my dad this morning?
*Don't be so emo so early in the morning!*

I mean, he gets so riled up in the morning when the traffic situation in Jalan Sentul gets out of hand, and when people jump the queue at the one lane road at Jalan Mahameru.

I have a slim chance of scoring in my Finite Maths exams. My mind just went blank for the whole exam, thaks to the impending headache I suffered from since my Computing Principles lecture. It was like, my memory got erased, and I couldn't do any of the questions. My mind was blank. And it was Maths for crying out loud, something I know I'm not too bad in! If I don't do well here, I will SCORE in my finals. Promise. Just pray I'm able to scrape at least 20 marks out of 40. Praying...will you help pray for me too?

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home