Sunday, July 03, 2005

What I learnt today in the temple...

Had my grandfather's and aunt's prayer services in the Buddhist Temple today. And what the priest said today really made stop and think. He mentioned about what the word *Dhana* means and what it is derived from. He said that we never understood what it meant since we were English educated and never understood the teaching of Buddha. And he also mentioned that we should not have bad and impure thoughts while we had our *Dhana* services. He stated also that we must clear our minds and must not have these type of thoughts in our head:

*If I give money for this service, then I will be rich the next month etc.*
*If I give RM10 for this service, then I will get RM110 later.*
*If I give flowers for this service, then in my next life I will gain beauty.*

Wow...I never thought he'd say things like that (considering usually they speak in Sinhalese or I end up drifting away to some other part of my mind/thoughts). For once I listened, though I had to bite my lips at times to prevent me from exploding into laughter. Today, I thought I looked a lot like Jack Skellington of the Kingdom Hearts game. Was wearing this black with white stripes shirt from Hush Puppies and black pants. Only difference between me and Jack is that he's a man and I'm a lady(not quite); he's white and tall, and I'm dark and short; he's dead while I'm very much alive. =P...There's another one coming next week. My niece said I look like a working lady, while my cousin said I've inherited my mum's walk. That's something new.

Watched the race in Magny-Cours(thinking about Miera's youngest sister Dayannie or better known as Eliza pronounced Magny-Cours...manicure. Hehe...cute!). The commentators are absolutely fabulous. I love the way they speak. And they made an awfully cute statement about Mark Webber (Jay, this had to be blurted out!). They said he feels like something is burning his backside. Haha...that was incredibly funny (okay, stop making fun of people! Don't you know it's rude?).

Then somehow, my brother got angry with my mum. I really don't know why. All she said was *Teringat pula kat orang yang masuk Malaysian Idol yang menari macam Michael Jackson tu!* while she was watching that KFC'S new X Meal advertisement. And he got so mad at her for making a, what he says, redundant remark. And he just got mad and started screaming and went upstairs. Dad, as usual, kept quiet to avoid other confrontations.

My dad really is angry with my brother, he thinks that my brother would rather hang out with his friens rather than with us (of course, I think every working person/teenager feel the same). And whenever he has a late night out with his mates, and so happens there is a prayer service the next day, he says he's not going since he's tired. And my dad will say that whenever he's with his friends, all his *tiredness* seems to fade away. When it comes to us, he claims the *tiredness* gets the better of him. Of course, that's what my dad says. If I decide to say anything I might be sent to Africa or Madagascar (probably be banished there!). All I can say is that I do hope my brother will spend some time with us. Frankly speaking I don't fancy being dragged around everytime my parents have some appointments that do not involve me, directly or not. But at least, I feel like we are bonding and we get to share some jokes together and it makes me happy. I feel like a home-body all of a sudden...

Anyway, have to go now. See you around sometime. *Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home