Friday, May 27, 2005

Liverpool!

I know that by now everyone knows that Liverpool won the most coveted trophy in Europe, the Champions League trophy, yesterday beating AC Milan on penalties. My brother was over the moon. I am glad for Liverpool and their fans. Congratulations...

For Liverpool to make an amazing comeback like that, it's unbelievable! They were trailing 3-0 at half time...and in 6 minutes, they scored three amazing goals. Miera and I called it *the 6 minutes of madness*. She was in Istanbul with Jen, Eliza, Charlie, Christy and Koji. I wonder why didn't Lysa go? She loves Liverpool! Oh well...I really admire Jamie Carragher's fighting spirit. Despite suffering from cramps, he continued to play on for Liverpool in their victorious win over the much hailed AC Milan. I'm rather surprised that Andriy Shevchenko missed his penalty. Considering he's the European Footballer of the Year 2004. Like what everyone will tell me...*The ball is round, Ann. Anything can happen...*. I have to admit, Steven Gerrard's header was amazing. And seeing Xabi Alonso score after the ball rebounded off Dida's hand reminded me of Claude Makelele's goal against Charlton. A lot of people thought I supported AC Milan since Liverpool beat Chelsea to be in the finals. Truth is, I supported Liverpool since I believe they had what it takes to beat AC Milan. Really felt happy for Jen though. At half time, she told me she received a lot of 'condolence messages' from her family(Manchester United die-hard fans) since they were trailing 3-0. In the end, she got so mad, she sent them this message:


Liverpool 3 AC Milan 3. Liverpool win 3-2 on penalties. Next time, watch the match till the end, then send me 'condolence messages'.

Poor girl...I knew how she felt. But since Liverpool won, she has been over the moon. Oh well, I wonder what Mourinho will say seeing that Liverpool won the trophy he won last year with FC Porto. Funny really he didn't make any comment like what he said about Spurs defending too much, when we saw Liverpool also defending too much!

"I am frustrated because there is only one team that played to win and the other just not to concede goals," said Mourinho. "They had a header and then defended, they didn't play football they brought the bus and left the bus in front of the goal as we say in my country."

And he'd better say that Chelsea lost to the better team. It was nice to see an English side to lift the trophy again. Hopefully next year, it'll be Chelsea's turn to lift it. Nice to see Gerrard lifting it. Hopefully John Terry will lift it next year. =P...no harm in dreaming what? Congrats Liverpool once again! To my brother, Jen, Lysa, and other Liverpool fans reading this...I salute you all. Muax!

My mum didn't let me stay up to match the match! Cruel! But she had to go to HUKM and UH to give her blood sample and take her medications respectively. If it weren't for her, I would have stayed up till 6 a.m. and slept till 12 p.m.! I could've sworn I slept in the University Hospital. So sleepy...and I was so hungry I ate at Delifrance...a tuna sandwich and iced milo! Then we ate at this restaurant in Brickfields (not AJ Laris)...I so didn't want to eat, but my dad asked me to eat. Oh well, then since I felt so full, I skipped dinner. My dad thinks I'm suffering from malnutrition or something. He thinks I'm going to get ill or something if I don't eat. And now he thinks that I might be suffering from diabetes or something. Since my brother did his blood test in Tawakal Hospital 2 years ago. And his sugar level was the borderline case. And now he wants the both of us to go for a full blood test. It's not enough I hate needles and I hate blood, he wants me to go for a blood test? Cruel! And I already know I'm anaemic, I don't have to go for a blood test. Oh well one of these days I have to go for it.

Carrie is the new American Idol...was really hoping Bo Bice to win. It was a stiff competition anyway. But Bo is going to record an album with Clive Davis. So I think he'll outsell Carrie. Nice to see Anwar Robinson again...his smile can melt any girls heart. Ahh...Malaysian Idol is going to start today...it's actually fun to make fun of people. Hope we can find some hopefuls that are actually qualified to be called an Idol. Played football again today for 10 minutes since it was drizzling...scored a goal. I know I'm still Frank Lampard (Sentul's female version really).

Anyway I have to go now. Cheers and much love from Ann!

Oh yeah...to my brother if you're reading this:

*Liverpool won! 21 years later Liverpool are champs again! Amazing comeback...YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!*

Hehe...let's go irritate ma after this...since MU ended up trophyless this season! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home