Sunday, April 16, 2006

What makes a happy Rowena?

Frank Lampard scoring after 7 matches and sealing the win for us against Bolton + 2 glasses of Charles Sturt University's wine.

That's all it takes to make me happy. =D


Did you know that Charles Sturt University has its own wine-making institute? ME NEITHER! My cousin, who is a lecturer in HELP, which is affiliated with CSU, told me yesterday. I had two glasses of it and it was wicked! Apparently I was the only one from my family who actually got a chance to sample it. Well, what can I say? Lucky me!!

So Swarna and the rest of people who are currently busy *planting grapes*, you can join this institute and then let me sample the sweet wine!

And about the match. Well, I got to watch the second half of the match! I was so engrossed with the game I only ate AFTER the match. Before that, I was complaining in the car about being hungry and starving! That all took a backseat as I watched the match. They were leading 1-0 at half-time. His amazing pass was met by Crespo and he ran into the box, where Crespo shot the ball back to him and HE SCORED!!! STRAIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE NET!!! GOAL!!!!!!! AFTER 7 MATCHES! HE EQUALLED HIS TALLY OF 19 GOALS LAST SEASON. HE BROKE A RECORD! HE'S THE FIRST MIDFIELDER TO SCORE 15 GOALS IN THE PREMIERSHIP! AMAZING!!!

Me: GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *The whole house went silent because of this! So embarrassing!*
Brother: Do you realise this is not your house?
Me: I'm excited my *cinta* scored for me! After so long, you know!!

That was indeed embarrassing! I swear I will not do such a thing. I don't usually shout that loud! I shout at a normal volume. Yesterday, I was in a state of euphoria. A win at Everton and the Mancs losing to Spurs would ensure us the title! Go Chelsea!

I told you the New Year would promise better prospects for us. I told you he would score to usher in the New Year! =D *Muahxies* for my *cinta*!!!

Speaking of him, he actually set up the first goal as well! His free-kick was met by both Didier Drogba and John Terry and they headed the ball into the net! Both went celebrating the goals! No one actually knew who scored in the first place! After the replay, they decided to award the goal to John Terry [Mar, you should be dancing!]. Sam Allardyce had some nice things to say about Frankie, by the way.


Bolton manger Sam Allardyce was more impressed by the way the ball reached whoever scored.
"I can't blame my defence when the ball in is that good. It was undefendable and Frank Lampard is capable of delivering those. Then Frankie boy has done us again with the second and he doesn't miss those," Allardyce added as he reflected on a second-half strike that brought back memories of last season's game at the venue.



Yesterday was sweet! Meeting the extended family never fails to keep me smiling and laughing.

During the match
Mum: Boo Chelsea!
Raviena: Hey! That's my team!
Mum: I didn't know you liked Chelsea!

After the match
Me: You...?
Raviena: I support Chelsea too!
Me: You're such a sweet darling, you know that? *Hugs*

During the Newcastle-Wigan game
Kavin: I support Chelsea. Frank Lampard is my favourite player.
Me: Me too!
Kavin: I like Barcelona also.
Me: *Cringes* I like them also, my favourite is Deco.
Kavin: Mine is Ronaldinho.
Me: *Cringes louder* I don't like him , but I admit he is an amazing player!


I had fun with the kids. Pravin just loved sitting on my lap.

Me: Hello.
Pravin: Hello. *sits in front of me*
Me: You remember me or not?
Pravin: Ya...you are Ribena [don't laugh, I have people asking me whether I still drink Ribena or not!]. Eh, no! You are Rowena.
Me: *Trying to act amused* Clever boy.
Pravin: *shifting his bum slowly onto my leg*
Me: You want to sit on my lap, is it?
Pravin: Yes!
Me: Okay, come. Sit with me.

I swear. Everytime I was sitting down somewhere, he would sit in front of me, and asked me if he could sit on my lap! Hey, it's not wrong to reveal the auntie in me, okay? Though people are saying that my mum and I look like sisters!
*Cries like a constipated duck*

AM I EVER SO OVER THE MOON OR WHAT???

The Newcastle-Wigan game was okay. Titus Bramble's header was funny. It hit his head and it just went in.

Spurs beat Everton 1-0, thanks to Robbie Keane! Love it!

Pictures from the match shall be uploaded later.

*Bluesy* out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home